Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Why like or dislike

I suspect that about half of the things I like, I don't like them for themselves but for things and people they're associated with in my mind. The same happens with about 25% of my dislikes.

The idea that most people would tell me that it's not ok, that I should follow my own instincts and not accept or reject things because of others bothers me a bit. But I guess that's were I find my very own will and don't accept influence from those people in particular. The way I see it, so many of the things out there are good in so many ways, that it's hard to choose and circumscribe the whole world into your everyday world to get an amount of things you can handle. Letting human connections and familiar things be a guideline seems perfectly fine to me. Curiosity, whim and one's sense of taste are around all the time anyway and create balance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment